HOW IT WORKS
Rising Stars will broadcast live on Twitch for 5 weeks. Contestants submit their application and entry video online and via twitter using the #RISINGSTARS. Contestants will be selected to audition live on Wednesday nights and 4 contestants will be voted onto the Friday night show with xQc. On Friday nights the 4 selected contestants will audition for xQc and his audience and 1 person will be voted onto to the finals on March 26th. One contestant will be crowned the Rising Star and win a $100,000 USD Luminosity Gaming Sponsorship.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
SHARE & SUBMIT A
2 MINUTE VIDEO
FEB 12TH – MARCH 15TH
Show us your skill, and style in 2 minutes. Submit an edited 2 minute highlight reel of your recent streams that includes commentary or gameplay with your webcam on and your face visible. We’ll be selecting the top people to continue to the next round. Learn more here about the eligibility criteria and how to apply.
FEB 24TH – MARCH 19TH
The top applicants will audition for a 10 min duration in front of our panel of judges on Wednesday nights and 4 selected contestants will move onto the Friday Night show with xQc for their second audition. They will audition for him and his audience and 1 contestant then moves onto the finals March 26th.
The remaining contestants will have on final chance to live-stream, this time for a 20 min duration. The best contestants will move on to the finals on March 26th.
RISING STAR FINALS
The finalists will battle against each other for the Rising Star title. xQc and his community will complete a final vote and the Rising Star will go on to receive a $100,000 Luminosity Gaming Sponsorship.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age by (or before) the date of the first live-show, February 24th, 2021, to participate in Rising Stars.
2. This competition is open to participants worldwide, but is produced and broadcast from Toronto, Canada, and therefore all times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
You must be available to live-stream between 5pm and 1am EST on any given show day (or the day before) for pre-production and the live show. A schedule will be provided to you ahead of time, but can change at any time. If you are chosen to participate in Rising Stars, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your live-streaming during work or personal hours.
3. You must have the ability, appropriate tech, and gear to broadcast your gameplay with high quality video and audio with commentary in English on high-speed internet using OBS or similar software, to Twitch & Discord or similar high end video platforms. High quality means a minimum of 720p, 60fps (frames per second).
4. The judges are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who can interact well with an online audience, exhibit skill in gameplay, are articulate, interesting, exhibit enthusiasm for video games, esports, and the Rising Stars program.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Your submission starts with you creating a 2 minute highlight reel of your recent streams that includes commentary or gameplay with your webcam on and your face visible. The Rising Stars judges want to see if you have what it takes to be the next xQc streamer, so be sure to bring your a-game.
3. Fill out an online application and paste the URL link from your twitter post (from the previous step) when you reach the question that asks for your highlight reel. To find the application, click the blue "Submit Video" buttons on this page.
4. You will also need to submit a recent head shot photograph of yourself so that, if you are selected, it will be displayed on our website and on the live broadcast.
5. Carefully follow all the instructions on the website and carefully review the full Terms & Conditions and Rules.
6. Please make sure that you carefully review all of the information you’re submitting to us, that it is complete, and is accurate before submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed or considered for participation on Rising Stars.