HOW IT WORKS
Rising Stars will broadcast live on Twitch for 5 weeks. Contestants submit their application and entry video online and via twitter using the #RISINGSTARS. 40 contestants will be selected to audition live on Twitch. Our judges and the Twitch Audience will then vote the top 8 contestants on to the next round. 3 Contestants will go to the finals and one eliminated contestant will be voted back into the finals by the audience. The finals will take place during EGLX Digital November 10-13th live on Twitch where one contestant will be crowned the Rising Star and win a $100,000 USD Luminosity Gaming Sponsorship.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
SHARE & SUBMIT A
2 MINUTE VIDEO
OCT 1 – OCT 26
Show us your skill, and style in 2 minutes. Submit an edited 2 minute highlight reel of your recent streams that includes commentary and gameplay with your webcam on and your face visible. We’ll be selecting the top 40 people to continue to the next round. Learn more here about the eligibility criteria and how to apply.
OCT 13 – NOV 5
The top 40 applicants will audition for a 10 min duration in front of our panel of judges: The Luminosity Gaming talent and the Twitch chat. Only 8 contestants will move on to the next round. Our judges and Twitch chat will award each contestants with points for Skill and Style. Learn more here about how judging works.
TOP 8 SEMI-FINALS
NOV 10 – 11
The top 8 contestants will continue to live-stream, this time for a 20min duration, achieving points for skill and style by winning over the judges and Twitch chat. The top 2 contestants will move on to the finals at EGLX 2020. The eliminated 6 will be entered into the Fan Favourite round.
FAN FAVOURITE VOTE
NOV 10 – 11
Luminosity judges sit this round out. Twitch chat can vote one of the eliminated top 8 back into the competition, and their Fan Favourite will gain a second wind, a chance to win in the finals at EGLX 2020. Voting will take place here, on the Rising Stars website.
RISING STAR FINALS
The final 3 players will battle against each other for the Rising Star title, this time for a 30min duration, a far more challenging task than keeping the chat entertained for only 10min. The finals will take place during EGLX, on November 10-13, 2020. The Luminosity judges and Twitch chat will complete a final vote and the Rising Star will go on to receive a $100,000 Luminosity contract.
In this season of Rising Stars we are scoring based on both skill and style. That means the judges are going to evaluate based on the entertainment and gameplay aspects of your streams.
Judges are going to take the following into consideration:
- Aim/Accuracy (crosshair aimed at the targets head/neck, trace enemy targets at a high level, crosshair always leveled and not aimed at the ground).
- Reaction Time/Reflexes (spot enemies/danger instantly, thought process and fingers in sync, excellent muscle memory).
- Map Awareness (good memory in new environments, remember landmarks, always familiar with surroundings).
- Shot Calling & Team Communication (talkative, easily understood, gives team helpful info that’s visible to you).
- Strategy (has a plan in mind, solid ideas that will lead to victory).
- Leadership (takes charge, presence raises your teams morale, handles additional pressures of a main lead role).
- Your personality and interaction with your community (Witty, bubbly, intelligent, funny, intriguing).
- Your appearance & background style (properly dressed to impress, freshly groomed, clean looking background).
- Stream setup (equipment, lighting, layout and video quality).
- Choice of game (Does the game you selected best suit and complement your stream/personality).
- Flow and consistency of your stream.
Please note that these are just guidelines. The point system is not static, meaning if your personality, your skill and/or flow of stream is amazing, you can still land a perfect score.
The judges are not only looking for skill this season, but also whether the game you select for your audition will bring out the very best in your personality to make for a very entertaining stream!
Games allowed for this season of Rising Stars are: