Rising Stars: Collegiate Edition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Rising Stars: Collegiate Edition (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the “Fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and other US Territories and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are (a) currently enrolled as a full or part time student at any college or university, (b) do not have an existing management contract for streaming or content creation, and (c) are at least the age of majority in their place of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor (defined below), Enthusiast Gaming, Inc. (“Contest Organizer” or “Organizer”), Merkle Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations. It is void in Quebec and where prohibited.
- Sponsor: e.l.f. Cosmetics, Inc., 570 10th Street, Oakland, CA 94607 USA. Contest Organizer: Enthusiast Gaming Live Inc., 90 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 805 Toronto, Ontario M4P 2Y3.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to all terms and conditions set forth herein (the “Official Rules”). Sponsor’s and Organizer’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein, including consent to a confidential background check to confirm each potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Due to the nature of the prize offered, if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or Organizer as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, entrant may be disqualified.
- Timing: The Contest begins on January 17, 2022, at approximately 12:00 p.m. United States Eastern Time (“ET”), and the “Online Submission Period” ends on February 13, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the Online Submission Period, Organizer will select twelve (12) Finalists to participate in weekly online challenges that will start on February 26, 2022 and end on March 19, 2022.
- How to Enter:
During the Online Submission period, create your audition video (up to two (2) minutes long) that shows why you would be a great addition to Luminosity as a content creator. The video should include the following content: (a) biographical information about yourself, including the college/university you attend, (b) what sort of content you like to stream, (c) why you enjoy being a content creator, (d) your content creation abilities, and (e) why you think you should be the next Rising Star. You should not include others in your video. See Content Restrictions below for prohibited content in your video. Post your video on YouTube during the Online Submission Period. Use of YouTube is free, but subject to its Terms. You will need to set the visibility to “unlisted” so that it is not viewable or searchable. You can do this by signing in to YouTube Studio and then clicking on “content” to view all videos that you have uploaded. Then set the “visibility” of your audition video to “unlisted.”
During the Online Submission Period, visit [risingstars.gg] and follow the instructions to complete the Contest registration forms, including your name, mailing address, email address, your date of birth, and the college that you are attending. Next, submit your URL link to your unlisited YouTube video audition. (Your video and registration will be collectively referred to as your “Submission”)
By submitting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the “Submission Requirements” below and that Organizer, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that your Submission fails to conform. Where your Submission meets all requirements, your Submission will be deemed one valid (1) Contest Submission.
- The Submission must be in English;
- The Submission must be no more than 2 minutes;
- The Submission must be your original work and only display yourself;
- The Submission should only include music you have the correct copyright permissions for.
- The Submission must not make references to or include alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons, any activities that are or appear to be dangerous, or any political agenda;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, sexually explicit, or include profanity, or content that is tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Organizer, or any other person or entity, and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations of any state or province where the Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may upload one (1) Submission during the Online Submission Period. Submissions received from any person in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than one (1) Submission by using multiple/different, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s additional entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the “authorized account holder” of the email address used to register on the Organizer’s website will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9 below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions (see Limitation of Liability Section 11 below), which will render the Submission void.
- Winner Determination: Winner will be determined according to the process set forth below.
- Finalists Selected: After the Online Submission Period, a panel of judges chosen by Organizer and approved by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, will select the twelve (12) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the “Finalists”) from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Entrant’s demonstrated passion and creativity for content creation (35%);
- Production quality of the Submission (25%); and
- The Submission being entertaining, and Entrant demonstrating an engaging personality (40%).
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Submission is entertaining, and Entrant demonstrates an engaging personality,” as determined by the judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Finalist from among the tied entrants. Organizer reserves the right to select fewer than twelve (12) Finalists, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Organizer will not disclose judging scores.
- Finalist Notifications & Background checks: On or after February 14, 2022, Organizer will notify potential Finalists. Each Potential Finalist will be required to (i) provide his/her mailing address and other contact information requested by Organizer, (ii) agree to a background check, and (iii) sign a publicity release and a liability waiver which must be received by Organizer within three (3) days of the date the notification is sent. Due to the nature of the prize offered, if a background check reveals that a potential Finalist has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of, or reflect unfavorably on, Sponsor or Organizer, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the potential Finalist may be disqualified. If a potential Finalist fails to timely respond or is disqualified for any reason, the potential Finalist forfeits the ability to continue in the Contest. Organizer will make reasonable efforts to notify and confirm alternate entrants who received the next highest scoring Submission, time permitting.
- Finalist Challenges (Virtual webisodes live streamed each Week): Starting February 26, 2022, Organizer will have Weekly Live Streamed Webisodes where it will provide additional content challenges to select eligible Finalists as set forth below:
Week 1 and Week 2 Webisodes: Each Week will feature 6 of the 12 Finalists. Each Week, 3 of the 6 Finalists will be selected to move on to the Week 3 Webisode.
Week 3 Webisode: All 6 Finalists will be included. 3 Finalists will be selected to move on to the Final Webisode.
Week 4 (Final) Webisode: The 3 Finalists will be included, and one (1) Finalist, who receives the highest score, will be offered the Grand Prize. The remaining two (2) Finalists will be offered the Runners-Up Prizes.
Finalists will be provided with directions to prepare for the Weekly Webisodes, timing for each, and judging and/or scoring criteria. Finalists will be eliminated after each challenge as set forth above based on the applicable judging and scoring (including tie-breaking procedures) for each Webisode by a panel of judges chosen by Organizer. For all Challenges, Finalists will compete from their home and will participate through video meeting. By participating in this Contest as a Finalist, Finalist understands that Organizer will film each Finalist Challenge and stream the “Program Footage” as Weekly Webisodes, and that Organizer owns these recordings, and will use this content as set forth in Subsection d below.
- Organizer’s and Sponsor’s Use of Finalist Content: Organizer and Sponsor may reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Program Footage, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology, now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
- Requirements of Winners: The Finalist selected as the Grand Prize winner will be offered a contract with Organizer (as described below). If this Finalist opts to forfeit the Grand Prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a Runner-Up, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The two (2) Finalists from the Week 4 Webisode who are not selected as the Grand Prize winner will be offered the Runners-Up Prizes. If either of these two (2) Finalists forfeit a Runners-Up Prize, or are disqualified for any reason, the Runners-Up Prize may be offered to Finalists who received the next highest cumulative scores during the Weekly Webisodes.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The opportunity to enter into a two-year employment contract with Organizer to be a content creator for Team Luminosity. The total compensation offered in this contract is $100,000USD. All details, requirements, and restrictions included in this contract will be provided to the winner.
TWO (2) RUNNERS-UP PRIZES: A $2,500 USD e.l.f. scholarship awarded by Sponsor. The scholarship will be paid directly to the college or University where the winner is enrolled for school terms starting in May 2022 through September 2022.If the winner will not be enrolled for courses starting during the period stated above, winner can receive a cash prize, potentially subject to U.S. taxes. In accepting the cash prize, the winner will be required to complete an IRS form W-9 or an IRS form W8-Ben (depending on winner’s residency). In addition, Sponsor may be required to withhold and remit taxes on behalf of the winner.Sponsor may be required to report any prize (cash or otherwise) to the IRS. In this event, winner would also receive notification of reporting to the IRS.
If the winner will not be enrolled for courses starting during the period stated above, winner can receive a cash prize, subject to U.S. taxes. In accepting the cash prize, the winner will be required to complete an IRS form W-9 or an IRS form W8-Ben (depending on winner’s residency) and Sponsor will report this cash prize to the IRS. In addition, if winner is a resident of Canada, Sponsor will remit $750 to the IRS as required and winner will only receive $1,750 USD.
Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unless as otherwise specified herein, prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether any prize, in whole or in part, is used. All prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Release: By entering, each participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Organizer, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest, or receipt, or use or misuse, of any prize.
- General Conditions: No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor or Organizer reserves the right, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or any event or cause beyond Organizer’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Contest, including but not limited to, fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated before the designated end date, Organizer may, in its sole discretion and if possible, determine the winner from among all non-suspect and eligible Submissions received up to the time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Inclusion in this group of Submissions as described shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor may also modify the prizes offered. In addition, Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Organizer reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Organizer’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision, or a waiver of any other provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action he or she may have arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved on an individual basis, without entrant joining any form of class action, and exclusively in the federal or state courts in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Sponsor or Organizer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winner List: For the name of the winners (available after April 2022, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Rising Stars: Collegiate Edition, 805-90 Eglinton Ave E, Toronto, ON M4P 2Y3 for receipt no later than June 31, 2022. Residents of Canada may omit return postage.